There seems to be a growing mindset among many businesses that sending email to a list is spam, and it is an tool that died many years ago. We often hear it from our potential, new and even existing clients. If you’re among this group, let us show you why that mindset needs to be casually and professionally tossed to the curb — because the reality is that email is not a dead art, it isn’t spam, and the majority of people actually open if you created and executed the right message. Also, the 4300% return on investment isn’t a bad number.
Why use email marketing?
- It allows you to build a solid mailing list (a.k.a. customer database) that reflects quality over quantity. It empowers you to reach your most faithful and valuable customers and build stronger relationships with them over time. That powerful, relationship-building aspect of email marketing hasn’t changed since its infancy.
- It evolves and adapts to other digital marketing tools and trends, whether it is social media, mobile search, and video content.
- An exact return on investment can be tracked — often reported as second only to search marketing as the most effective online marketing tactic.
- It’s an ideal venue for building trust and confidence in your business.
- It works! When done properly, as part of a complete digital marketing strategy and with targeted reach in mind, it will become an ideal bread crumb on the path to more business.
7 stats that prove why you need email marketing
If you’re more convinced by numbers and hard data, we’ve rounded up seven solid stats that show why email marketing should be an important part of your digital marketing strategy.
- Email marketing has an ROI of 4300%. Now lets put a bit of perspective on this, $43 made for every $1 spent. It sounds like quite a large number, but the studied ROI hasn’t changed much since 2006.
- Email marketing was reported as the #1 most-effective tactic for lead nurturing by top-performing B2B marketers (defined as those who reported exceeding annual revenue goals).
- Email is ranked as the #1 preferred communication channel by consumers for initial introduction to a product/service, learning about a product/service, and post-purchase follow-up about a product/service.
- When a prospect triggers an email by showing interests in certain products, or info, the email messages average 70.5% higher open rates and 152% higher click-through rates than “business as usual” marketing messages.
- Over 75% of email revenue is generated by alternatives to generic one-size-fits-all email campaigns. For example, trigger email campaigns account for 21% of email marketing revenue.
- Triggered email messages are extremely effective for customer engagement and revenue, as exemplified below.
- Second abandon-cart reminders (a follow-up abandon-cart message to an initial email) garner an average 54% lift compared to just sending one abandon-cart message.
- Browse emails (messages based on categories or products a customer has viewed) achieve a 3.4x increase in revenue compared to other promotional mailings.
- Thank-you emails achieve a 13x increase in revenue compared to promotional mailings.
- Marketers rate the following tactics as easiest for email list growth.
- Email to a friend (58%)
- Registration during purchase (50%)
- Social media sharing buttons in email (49%)
Even with these stats, email marketing is still just a small piece of the puzzle that needs to be your overall digital marketing strategy. Let Digital Giants help you remove that mindset and get you a piece of the email marketing ROI pie. Contact us today to get started.